District Attorney, 1st Circuit Judicial District (Lee, Pontotoc, Alcorn, Monroe, Itawamba, Prentiss and Tishomingo Counties)
Commander, 168th Engineer Brigade, Vicksburg, MS
Trent lives in Saltillo and has been married to his wife Sheila for 24 years. They have three children, John Forrest (19), Morgan (15) and Jackson (9). They are active members of Saltillo First United Methodist Church.
Trent is a graduate of Ole Miss Business School and Law School and has a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Trent has worked as an attorney in NE Mississippi since 1995.
- Private Practice (1995-1999)
- Tupelo City Prosecutor (1999-2011) and Forfeiture Attorney for North Mississippi Narcotics Unit (2000-2011)
- District Attorney since 2012
As District Attorney, Trent manages all criminal cases in the seven county district. He has 12 assistant district attorneys, four investigators, two victim assistance coordinators and three additional staff members to assist in prosecuting approximately 3,500 felony cases each year. Trent was elected in 2011 for the term beginning 2012 and ending December 2015.
Trent has spent 29 years in the MS Army National Guard as an Engineer and is currently a Colonel.
- Mobilized in 1990 for Desert Storm as an Engineer Second Lieutenant.
- Deployed as a Major to Iraq in 2005 with the 155th Brigade as the Operations Officer of the 150th Engineer Battalion.
- Deployed as a Lieutenant Colonel to Iraq in 2009 - 2010 as the Battalion Commander of Task Force Knight of the 155th Brigade Combat Team and commanded over 670 troops from Mississippi, Ohio and Kentucky.
- Major awards include two Bronze Stars, Combat Action Badge, the DeFleury Medal, and numerous other federal and state awards.
- Currently the Brigade Commander of the 168th Engineer Brigade, which consists of the 890th and 223rd Engineer Battalions and has approximately 1,400 soldiers located throughout the State of Mississippi.